Say “No” to non-prescription diet pills with too many ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say “No” to non-prescription diet pills with too many ingredients

I’ve seen some weight loss supplements state proudly that their formula contains 35 ingredients or more. This is an excessive amount of ingredients and it’s important to point out that more doesn’t mean better, nor does it mean more weight loss. If anything, it means more risk for negative side effects and less of a chance for the formula to be actually effective for weight loss. The reason is that even if they are using substances that are considered effective for weight loss, the amount they have to use is so small to be able to use so many other ingredients that there is zero benefit. Just say “no” to these kinds of OTC diet pills/supplements.

Good advice, WolfMoon. I saw this one product on the market that had 40 ingredients. That's insane!!

Comment

I would agree with you except that I would stop at half a dozen. When it comes to active ingredients, you really don’t need more than that. Otherwise, as you said, there won’t be enough to have any effect. A lot of manufacturers add a huge list so that they can include tiny amounts of the latest “hype” ingredients like hoodia, acai berry, etc etc.

Comment

Something that I find frustrating about using far too many ingredients is that it is virtually impossible to research what each one does and what effect they have when they are combined. If you can't do it and if studies haven't done it, then it means that the people behind a product haven't done it, either!

Comment

What if the website for the pill says that they have clinical proof that it works. Do I believe that even if there are 35+ ingredients?

Comment

No. Only believe it if u can read every clinical study they r talking about. They have 2 prove that they have clinical proof.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
              No. Only believe it if u can read every clinical study they r talking about. They have 2 prove that they have clinical proof.
              That's very true. So when you reach 35+ ingredients, there is no way you can read studies that prove every single one of them. Furthermore, you'd need to read studies that not only prove that the substances would work on their own, but also that they will work in combination with each other to produce an effect that will not only have a desirable result but that also will not create a dangerous outcome such as addiction or side effects. The more ingredients there are, the greater the chance that an unpredicted result could occur - or that nothing at all will occur.

Comment

Working...
              X